About Ken’s Discount
Kens Discount Building Materials opened in an old hamburger stand in March of 1972 with three stacks of plywood on consignment. In 1990 Ken and his wife, Dolores purchased their current location which boasts over 32,000 square foot of warehouse space and 20,000 square feet of showroom floor.
Ken and Dolores manage the store together along with their daughter Kim and son-in-law Josh Smith. Dolores is the store manager and with two assistant managers, a floor manager and about 35 more full and part-time employees.
Ken, Dolores, Kim and Josh work hard to find you good deals on quality products.
Ken believes his greatest company asset is the people who work for him. “One of the things I’ve been blessed with is good employees. I demand a lot and expect a lot and my employees know it.” Ken expects a lot because he wants his customers to be provided with an unmatched shopping experience.
At Ken’s Discount, you will find:
1. A friendly greeting the moment you walk in the door. Our desire is to serve you and the friendliness and accessibility of our people is apparent from the moment you walk in.
2. A clean and well stocked store. We want to create a pleasant shopping experience for every member of your family.
3. Low prices and high quality. We pride ourselves on finding the best deals for quality products. Then we pass those savings on to you.
4. Knowledgeable people. We know what we do, and we do it well. We will help you with build a home, complete a major project or finish a simple repair.
5. A committed community partner. Our kids go to school with your kids. We sponsor a local little league team. We are proud of El Dorado and work hard to contribute to the community.
Stop by for a visit today and see for yourself.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOU.